Head of Operations
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join the team as Head of Operations. As part of our leadership team, you will oversee the scaling of SunDrive through this exciting new chapter.
What You’ll Get To Do At SunDrive
As SunDrive’s Head of Operations, you’ll be central to the development and implementation of SunDrive’s operational expansion as it heads towards market entry. You are excited about new challenges and bring experience to bear with each new opportunity. Reporting to SunDrive’s founders, taking on this role will involve:
- Working closely with the founders to drive execution of the top priority items for SunDrive’s growth and free founders up to focus on the company’s strategic agendas.
- Building out new capabilities as SunDrive quickly scales, maturing them, and handing them off to capable managers.
- Developing company operations with SunDrive’s leadership team.
- Designing and implementing company reporting and performance metric tracking systems.
- Driving the company cadence of planning and reporting on operational performance, including board reporting, quarterly and annual planning, and operational risk assessments.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to SunDrive’s operational efficiency and capacity.
- Mentoring and motivating teams to maximise productivity and engagement.
- Optimising company communications and dynamics for operational efficiency between different teams.
- Ownership of functional operations, including SunDrive’s IT solutions.
- Ensuring SunDrive follows all legal compliance requirements, ensuring that policies align with our overall strategy.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a high growth company (ideally in a rapidly moving start-up environment).
- Broad operational experience in senior management positions. Extra points for experience within a hardware/cleantech company and/or strong understanding of the hardware/cleantech space.
- Strong motivational skillset – not just for yourself, but skilled at motivating those around you to bring out the best in them.
- Experience in scaling company processes, systems, and teams during rapid expansion phases (from 25 to 100+ over 18-24 months).
The Recipe for Success at SunDrive
- Above all, being honest, dependable, empathetic and a person of integrity
- Highly organised, with excellent time management skills
- Ambition, curiosity and a learning mindset to rise to each new challenge as it presents itself
- Exceptional ability to examine operational problems logically across both technical, financial and interpersonal facets of the company
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to coordinate, direct and influence team members
- A genuine interest in clean energy and the environment
Why join us?
- Join an internationally recognised company developing world-leading solar technology right here in Australia, adding the most exciting new chapter to Australia’s rich history of solar technology development
- Be part of a passionate team dedicated to bettering the world through clean energy
- Employee share/stock options. Jump in at the ground floor whilst SunDrive is still pre-revenue
- Fully stocked kitchen and lunch everyday (beware our wide variety of hot sauces!)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Unlocking Solar's Full Potential