Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Why Sundrive? SunDrive’s proprietary technology enables the use of copper instead of silver for the solar cell electrodes. This technological breakthrough has significant benefits, including greater efficiency, lower cost, scalable supply chain and more environmentally friendly production.
SunDrive founded in 2015, is backed by some of Australia’s top venture capital firms (Blackbird, MainSequence, Virescent, Grok), tech founders and the Australian Government (CEFC,ARENA). SunDrive has quickly grown from a UNSW PhD project in a garage to producing the world’s most efficient commercial-sized solar cells.
As a graduate mechanical engineer at SunDrive, you will be assisting mechanical engineers in design and assembly tasks for SunDrive’s automation tools required to mass produce SunDrive’s copper plated solar cells. You will be involved in designing and constructing our pilot production line, and will have the opportunity to be part of scaling this up in the future to make SunDrive's pioneering technology widely available.
You will focus on:
- Assisting in the design of mechanical components and integrate existing mechanical components into SunDrive’s pilot production line.
- Be responsible for assembling, testing and integrating sub-systems of the pilot production line
- Monitoring equipment for debugging problems and troubleshooting any issues with the pilot production line to ensure it meets the targets set-out for it in the design brief
- Create documentation and manuals for the safe use of SunDrive’s production line
- Completed Mechanical Engineering degree (or similar)
- Experience in using CAD software (we use SolidWorks)
- Proficiency in designing for prototyping process such as 3D printing, power tools and hand tools
- Ability to be hands-on, use power and hand tools to assemble testing rigs, perform experiments and build production tools
- Knowledge of thermal and fluid dynamics, tolerance analysis, DFM & DFA
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving and debugging skills
Sundrive Solar Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Sundrive is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Unlocking Solars Full Potential