Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP)
SunDrive’s proprietary technology enables the use of copper instead of silver for the solar cell electrodes. This technological breakthrough has significant benefits, including greater efficiency, lower cost, scalable supply chain and more environmentally friendly production.
Founded in 2015, is backed by some of Australia’s top venture capital firms (Blackbird, MainSequence, Virescent, Grok), tech founders and the Australian Government (CEFC,ARENA). SunDrive has quickly grown from a UNSW PhD project in a garage to producing the world’s most efficient commercial-sized solar cells.
As our first HRBP, you will drive our mission by working with leaders across the business to ensure Sundrive is a great place to work for all our employees. This role is both hands-on and strategic, providing expertise in the areas of employee relations, workforce planning, performance management, compensation, payroll, employee retention, coaching/development, conflict management and ad hoc projects as necessary. Reporting directly to the Head of Talent, you will partner closely and have the opportunity to learn and level up your skillset at a rapid pace as the organization grows.
You will focus on:
- Taking the lead on employee relations by improving the overall employee experience, looking after performance management processes and working with the leadership team to build a strong company culture.
- Ensuring our employees are engaged by assisting in building out L&D programs, rolling out employee engagement pulse checks and partnering with the business to build engaged, high-performing teams.
- Building out our HR policies, code of conduct, termination policy, maternity leave policy, equal employment opportunities and internal HR training program to name a few.
- Providing expert general HR advice to our leadership team and assisting them to develop workforce plans that ensure our success for the long term.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or relevant work experience.
- Experience in a hands on HR role within a fast paced, ever changing business with the ability to think on your feet.
- Experience coaching employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
- Applied knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes for employment.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational development, change management, coaching and communications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with all levels of the organization and positively influence teams.
- Self starter, not afraid to make hard decision and own them.
- Comfort in building from scratch, and molding programs to best suit a rapidly scaling business.
Sundrive Solar Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Sundrive is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Unlocking Solars Full Potential