Module Design and Modelling Engineer
Why SunDrive? SunDrive’s proprietary technology enables copper use instead of silver for solar cell electrodes. This technological breakthrough has significant benefits, including greater efficiency, lower costs, a scalable supply chain, and more environmentally friendly production.
Founded in 2015, SunDrive is backed by some of Australia’s top venture capital firms (Blackbird, MainSequence, Virescent, Grok), tech founders, and the Australian Government (CEFC, ARENA). SunDrive has quickly grown from a UNSW PhD project in a garage to producing the world’s most efficient commercial-sized solar cells.
The role of the Module Design and Modelling Engineer is to simulate and optimise SunDrive’s solar module designs, including the implementation of novel innovations and analysis of feasibility and structural stability. As part of this role, you will liaison with both material suppliers to procure and test various module fabrication materials and assess their compatibility with SunDrive’s cell and module materials. This role is significant in addressing the feasibility of SunDrive’s module designs before moving into mass production. This role is also essential for the generation of new designs and for expanding SunDrive’s IP portfolio.
You will focus on:
- Modelling and optimisation of solar module designs for performance enhancement.
- Research and procurement of new materials for R&D testing and evaluation.
- Characterisation and analysis of PV module materials using various tools and methods.
- Development of internal electrical grid optimization tools and cost modelling for module design optimisation.
- Collaboration with testing engineers for reliability testing and training of newer operators on production line operations.
- Experience using the following PV modelling software (Sunsolve, Griddler, diode modelling, QSSPC modelling, sentaurus, SmartCalc.CTM, PVSyst, etc)
- Photovoltaics graduate with experience in modelling and understanding of module materials.
- Knowledge of advanced operations of solar cells and modules.
- Experience in PV modelling software.
- Self-starter, able to operate autonomously in a fast-moving, forever-evolving environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English.
SunDrive Solar Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
SunDrive is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please tell your recruiter if you need accommodation during the interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Unlocking Solars Full Potential