Full Stack Software Engineer
A highly unique opportunity to design and develop against cutting edge AI health functionality to revolutionise health care using telehealth.
Coviu is a catalyst for life-changing online care anywhere. An Australian start-up, Coviu’s software is a beautifully designed, intuitive, and engaging cloud-native video consultation platform purpose-built for healthcare.
At Coviu we enable healthcare providers including doctors and allied health professionals to deliver higher quality, more engaging care. Coviu integrates seamlessly with standardised assessments and clinical tools to make it simple to deliver higher quality care to their clients.
Coviu’s unique web-based software and clinical tools meet the highest data encryption standards, making us the Australian Government’s provider of choice for video telehealth.
We are deeply committed to innovation, research validation, privacy and security, simplicity of use, scalability and interoperability with existing systems. Our Coviu team is a friendly, close-knit group of like-minded people who are excited about changing the healthcare landscape.
We are looking for an energetic Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Ecosystems squad who will lead the design and development of the front end for an app for an application that will leverage machine learning capabilities in providing a much needed solution in aged care.
You will be working in a team of engineers, computer scientists, health professionals, and academics who are developing cutting edge technologies and pushing the limits of the browser to deliver the future of Telehealth. As part of our Ecosystems Squad you will work with third party developers, including CSIRO, for this flagship Medical Research Future Funded project. The App will go through TGA and FDA approval for medical devices and launch on top of the Coviu platform which will be sold in our Marketplace.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with a cross functional team, including engineers, computer scientists, health professionals and academics to develop the software to fulfil clinicians’ needs and comply with industry standards
- Write clean, easily maintainable code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
- Writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures for TGA approval
- Build clinical tools for the Marketplace that differentiate us from competitors, some of which are using computer vision and machine learning
- Working across most of our platform components, including our WebRTC based video conferencing solution, third party integrations, and our internal and external application
- Building the core functionality of Coviu’s rapidly growing developer platform and Marketplace
- Increasingly automate the process for partners to build applications, submit code, and launch on Coviu
Why work at Coviu?
Here at Coviu, we strive hard to work towards a better future for healthcare, providing the tools to enable care, from anywhere. To achieve this, we’re committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace of people.
When you join Coviu you can expect:
- A company committed to open communication and retaining outstanding talent.
- A dynamic team that enjoys taking on new challenges, solving problems and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- A safe and flexible workplace as a remote-first business with optional office hours in either our Sydney or Brisbane office.
- We deeply value people from diverse cultures, abilities, genders and respect multiplicity of thoughts and free expression, allowing people to feel accepted and valued.
- Flexible ways of working, we at Coviu want to empower our team to feel trusted and respected every day.
- A generous work from home allowance to set up a home office to enable remote work.
- An opportunity to make a significant impact in the digital transformation of the healthcare industry.
- We have a passionate and friendly team who are leaders in their industry and will support and inspire you to reach your full potential.
Meet the Human's of Coviu
Desirable experience and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer, developer, or equivalent technical experience
- Experience of a Full-Stack Engineer delivering production-ready systems using modern technologies
- A minimum 3 years of strong demonstrated experience with React.js, Typescript/Flow & other frontend frameworks and tools
- Strong demonstrated experiencing using Node.js and other languages for backend development
- Experience with Webpack and Gulp, testing experience using Selenium or Playwright
- Familiarity with Agile practices, especially Scrum and Sprint software lifecycles
- Proven debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Conduct code reviews and participate in team code review sessions.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases to ensure software quality.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation that complies with regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with non-technology professionals and contribute to a multisectoral (health, technology and academia) team.
- A demonstrated love of clean, maintainable code
- Excellent time management skills, initiative and ability to self-manage your own workload and work under pressure
- Self-motivation and ability to self learn in a remote workplace
- Innovative problem solving abilities
You might also come to us with:
- Familiarity with Cloud services such as AWS
- Knowledge or experience with Restful APIs
- Experience with Mercury and Scala is highly regarded
- Experience integrating with third-party services and
- Microservices & serverless architecture experience
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) & test-driven development (TDD)
- Familiarity with medical device regulations including ISO 13485, IEC 62304, and ISO 9001 standards
- Docker and related tools
- Sound security understanding, and the ability to know when to pause and escalate
- Understanding of SOLID principles
- Are you dedicated, enthusiastic and organised?
- Are you a team player and passionate about healthcare?
- Do you find answers on your own accord and create solutions where they don’t yet exist?
- Are you able to see gaps as opportunities to create something new, not as intimidating or frustrating insufficiencies?
- Keen to work for a rapidly growing software company?
Sound like you?
Apply and be a part of a friendly, close-knit, and welcoming company full of like-minded people excited about changing the digital healthcare landscape.
NB: We will be reviewing and interviewing candidates as they apply so we may choose to close this ad before the stated closing date.
Please no recruitment agencies, if we require assistance we will reach out to our preferred suppliers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.