Chief Commercial Officer
Looking for a job that is out of this world?
Do you see opportunity everywhere, in anywhere connectivity?
At Myriota we see a world made better through seamless access to critical data, anywhere and everywhere it’s needed. Our mission is audacious yet simple…. unlock better outcomes for people and planet, through simple, affordable access to data, anywhere.
Myriota is the place where the Internet of Things (IoT) meets Space! We make anywhere connectivity possible through our patented direct-to-satellite technology. Unlike traditionally expensive, power draining satellite solutions, our capabilities are designed for the demands of IoT, namely secure, low-cost, low maintenance and really (really) long-battery-life.
One more thing… It works today. This is why our solutions are profitably unlocking vital use cases across a range of industries including agriculture, environmental monitoring, transport, logistics, maritime and defence.
We are on a mission to light up the world and are proud to be pioneers at the forefront of the “new” space industry. As our partners and business opportunities go global we’re excited to hire a full-time Chief Commercial Officer to join us.
Stuff we’ll trust you with
- Leading the scale up and the next wave of commercialisation of our business. We are hot on technology, getting slicker at transitioning innovation into compelling “capital P” products and have been busy establishing our global sales beachhead. Now it's time for our commercialisation to go further, faster under your leadership
- The design and delivery of the commercial revenue generation machine from awareness through to revenue delivery and vitally, end customer success.
- Execution: make it happen
- A primary driver in identifying the segments most attractive from a market (need & size) and right to win (USP vs. competitors) perspective.
- Developing and then operationalizing clear business plans with clear targets and continuous measurement of pertinent indicators of success.
- To excite, engage and align key stakeholders such as product, sales, engineering and marketing, we are after all, #in-it-together.
- Being both a lighthouse in translating strategy into action and a trailblazer, getting a foot in the door, engaging the next wave of key accounts and helping transition these opportunities into the delivery side of the business. Sometimes being the individual contributor, sometimes the motivational leader and other times working as part of a team across the business to execute our plans and report progress succinctly. In short, do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done.
The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) is a senior executive role reporting to our CEO, Ben Cade. We need our CCO to seamlessly transition between strategic macro level thinking to micro planning and execution. You will have an innate desire and ability to create commercial outcomes and operationalise every element of a hyper growth, commercial operation. Leading a growing team in terms of size, regions and product lines, our CCO will have principal responsibility for:
- Demand generation
- Pipeline progression
- Bookings and Revenue delivery
- Field engineering for pre and post sales customer success
- Corporate and segment marketing
- Sales operations in conjunction with finance
Specifically this role will lead four key priorities in the next 12 months:
- Uplift Myriota’s go to market strategy and global brand awareness
- Deliver revenue and pipeline targets
- Aggressively grow our B2B and B2G pipeline
- Refine and develop the sales operations to support this pipeline growth
Stuff we like about you
Myriota is open minded as to the background and experience of the successful candidate. However this is a senior role so we are looking for candidates able to demonstrate strengths in at least a good range of areas. Being an expert in everything is not expected, indeed it's unlikely! Just bring awesome and demonstrate how you can help us rise:
- You understand and have lived, the Internet of Things value chain including perhaps device makers, segment verticals, semiconductors or mobile network operators
- Are able to demonstrate individual specific examples of “doing this” before
- Have experience in front line based sales with cited examples
- Can demonstrate experience in charting and executing market entry
- Have the ability to build business cases to backup your plans and ideas
- Can work across a larger virtual multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge and contact base in one or more segments you believe are relevant
- A track record of working closely with your team and collaborators to take strategy from concept through to execution
- You relish the opportunity to build, develop, train, and motivate your team to deliver commercial targets
- You demonstrate the ability to successfully manage change in a complex environment
- You thrive in volatile, complex, uncertain, and ambiguous environments
- You are excited to travel, a lot. The prospect of scaling a business globally is “all-in”. We are flexible on location provided the key interactions with your fellow leadership team, your commercial team, and the broader business - not to mention customers, trade shows and the rest of the kitchen sink are effective.
Stuff you might like about us
- Equity : We are in-it-together. Together we can build something special, something that delivers better outcomes for our people and the planet, and something we all have a stake in.
- Flexibility : flexible work means that our people are able to achieve a balance between work-life priorities. This includes support for how our people maintain health and wellbeing, parent or care for others, study or pursue personal interests.
- Empowerment : you are trusted to work independently and do what you say you will do.
- Fun : you’ll find a camaraderie at Myriota thats second to none. We help each other, we strive for the same betterment, and we like to have fun throughout!
- Mental Wellbeing : we provide you with support to navigate your mental health.
- Take your birthday off - it’s on us!
Share our values?
This is the attitude that shapes our bold vision and hunger for innovation. It’s the way we see the world and what drives us to redefine space-based communications.
As much as we dream big for our company, we understand success relies on keeping things simple. In this fast moving, technology-driven market of ever-increasing complexity, our practical approach is what sets us apart from the rest.
Keep It Real
Born from a genuine desire to connect remote areas that were previously left behind, our wish to create change for good still guides us in all areas of our business.
In It Together
Connection is part of Myriota’s DNA. It’s not only what we do, it’s how we do it. We have real empathy for our customers and work with them to create affordable, custom solutions for their business challenges.
Join our mission to make data accessible to everyone
If you’re passionate about working closely with customers to help them create innovative high value solutions and are looking to join one of Australia’s most exciting companies please forward your resume and cover note using the apply button above. For confidential enquiries please send an email to email@example.com.
Myriota is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on being a diverse and inclusive workplace that values each employees’ unique talents, experiences and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.